· Reporting to the operations Manager, the Press Teamleader has a vital role to play in the continued success of the business. You will coach, mentor, develop and lead your team, striving for the achievement of operational excellence.
· Supervises all human resources effectively ensuring recruitment, training, appraisals and discipline are coordinated to achieve departmental goals. Work with your manager to maintain records and to consistently, promptly and effectively respond to discipline and motivational issues. Actively gauge morals in the team and takes action to address issues and provide support as required.
· Organize the departmental resources to meet the output and quality requirements of the production plan (Customer demand/Takt rate). Monitor days by the hour performance and work with individuals/cells to meet daily performance targets. Where issues are outside of direct control and may lead to missing demand, brings suggested solutions to manager for discussion/ agreement.
· Lead, communicate and maintain EQCD tracking boards. Plot Pareto Charts, identify action plans, chase down actions, gain support from resources. Ensure all actions are defined and tracked through the Quad Charts.
· Exhibit a 'hands on', practical approach driven by results. Prioritize the focus of activities upon key business improvement areas and in support of the 'Scorecard' improvement goals. Ensure that all activities are high value added and that timelines are established and that employees have the tools/training to produce results.
· To LEAD and participate in problem solving activities to identify root causes and to recommend sound, corrective actions both practically and financially. Make clear and effective decisions on day to day activities within direct sphere of influence and through consultation with management, obtain clear direction on areas outside of direct influence/control/authority. Provide clear communication of decisions to team.
· Utilizing live data capture to monitor and investigate production performance against planned targets and objectives. Driving productivity improvements through identification of top losses, bottlenecks and inefficiencies.
· Train, Establish and maintain Lean Fundamentals in the department/cells including 5S+1, TPM, standard WIP, Standard set ups, Kanban. Leading, coaching and mentoring continuous improvement activities and Kaizen events within your team to deliver company objectives and cost savings
· Identification of “Just Do It” (JDI) activities ensuring speedy resolution of safety, equipment and environmental issues.
· Maintain a daily focus upon the 5Ms (Material, Machines, Manpower, Methods and Measurements), observing any abnormalities and reacting to prevent disruption to the flow of product through the processes under your control. Audit processes to ensure adherence to agreed methodology and practice. Seek out improvements and encourage an environment of active continuous improvement.
· Ensure the necessary skill levels are available within your team to ensure flexibility and agility. Develops the department / cell skill level through daily coaching, teamworking activities and by promoting/organising individual and team based learning activities.
· Demonstrate a commitment to your team members through the identification and delivery of training and development opportunities. Communicates departmental and company information to the team. Liaise and communicate with other departments keeping management and operational staff informed of issues and actions that may impact them or their teams.
· Actively participate in the Health and Safety committee, identifying and reporting safety concerns and opportunities for improvement. Accurately recording and reporting of accidents and Near miss events enabling appropriate corrective and preventative actions to be implemented.
· Confident with technology and the use of technology within the business to drive improvement targets and develop a high operational excellence standard. (Touch screens, ipads etc).
· To be conversant with all TRP strategic documents to promote, train and educate your team on Line of Sight, Transition Plan, Key Objectives and Communication Strategy documents.